Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rent 1 sale 1 rental scam

 
One of the biggest rental Craigslist scams going are those realty companies who post all of the single family house rental ads. A few of them offer free services to renters. Others are vague about  what they charge. Rent one charges a $2000 fee for helping you find a rental.  They don't say this in any of these ads. I spent two days looking for properties with them and when I found something the sat me down and pulled a contract they typed up and told me their charge was $1950.00 and I had to pay the first and last month's rent in addition to their fees which was a total of $3950 when they were done and that was it. I told them no and chewed them out for wasting two days of my time and lying about how their program operated. I was so pissed off that I contacted the real estate board about the three agents involved, one being the manager.  They told me there was no up front charges to move in.  I got an apology 3 weeks later with a letter from the real estate housing supervisor.  The board made them send me a letter that they wrote apologizing then they sent it to them then the board sent it to me with their investigation results.  I sent them a letter back and ask them if they owned Rent 1.  They were supposed to suspend their license, at least the 3 agents involved.  They pull this crap all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share yome.ur thoughts on the Bogus Barrister crime blog. Please note hyperlinks are not permitted so comment spammers are wasting their time. Spam comments will not be published.