Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

New Email Scam to watch out for

A rather new email scam involves a scammer hacking into an email account. Federal offense right there. Then spamming every body in their address book with a sob story about traveling over seas on a holiday and running into some misfortune. The scammer asks all contacts for money to be wired to them. This was sent to us from a source who wishes to remain anonymous. But the victim of this hacking is the President of the Dachshund Rescue of South Florida. Incredible. If you get one of these, do not respond to it.

The staff of the Bogus Barrister have reviewed the headers of this scam email and it originates from IP address 41.71.171.220. This IP traces to Lagos, Nigeria.

If anybody gets a copy of this, forward it to the FBI cyber crimes division with full headers like we did. Remember, there is no level low enough for these criminals to stoop.

Hello,

I hope my mail get to you in good health?,I made a trip to Madrid Spain just for a short vacation tour but,it all ended ugly, I had an accident of which I dislocated my right arm and my head got bruised. The driver of the cab passed on due to internal bleeding and the injuries he sustained on his head.

I have not been able to reach any one due to the fact that I misplaced my mobile phone during the incident.Thank goodness, I'm safe. presently in the hospital, due to the injuries I sustained. I need your urgent assistance to enable me get out of here. I will be very grateful if you will be able to assist me financially I promise to refund your money as soon as i get back home

Regards,

Awaiting your response.

Janet Perkins
DRSF President
www.dachshundrescuesouthflorida.com
PO Box 402671, Miami Beach, FL 33140

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share yome.ur thoughts on the Bogus Barrister crime blog. Please note hyperlinks are not permitted so comment spammers are wasting their time. Spam comments will not be published.